Sunday 4 August 2013

Friends are a great source of support.....Happy Friendship Day!

In honour of Friendship Day, I thought I would share with you a few of my favourite friendship quotes and what they mean to me.

'Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born'

This quote really resonated with me.  I feel really lucky to have met some great friends along my journey of life so far - school, university, work, random queues waiting for things, groups that I joined etc.  Each of my friends are all unique and bring different things to our friendship. I have tried new things, and things that I would probably never have done if it wasn't for (strong!) encouragement from them. As one of my clients said the other day, "my friends are all different and together they make a great support team!".



sourced from imgfave.com 
I love this quote - you really can't beat a chat with a good friend when things are not going to plan! I know when I moved from Leeds where I had lived for a long time, to Wales where I knew no-one (apart from my husband) the thing I missed the most, was being able to pop round to my friends houses for a cuppa (or glass of wine) and a moan and much needed laugh! A chat on the phone was a pretty good second substitute though.  You can't underestimate the importance of support from friends - it is often seen as a big factor that can help people cope with stressful and difficult times in their lives.




sourced from doblelol.com
Having lived in a number of different places, and had friends move to different places, this is something I really believe. It doesn't matter how often you see or speak with friends, the good ones will always be there to hold your hands in hard times and celebrate with you in the good times. Distance doesn't have to be the end of good friendships.





I love it when great things happen for my friends, especially when I know how important it is for them. I love celebrating the milestones in friends lives, engagements, weddings, births, new jobs, new businesses, new homes etc. Friends can also be some of our greatest supporters - I know that my friends (and family) have been so important to keep me focussed on my dream of running my own life coaching business.

So, I would like to dedicate this blog to all my friends, you know who you are, and say thank you for sharing my highs and lows. You are all really important to me and make up a fantastic team!

If you can relate to any of these quotes, please share this blog and let your friends know they are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment